Ancient Cities Tour From Mandalay
Tour Code: MDT_3
WHAT TO EXPECT ~
We’ll start our Mandalay tour by travelling 20 kilometres southwest of the city to arrive at pagoda nirvana, or Sagaing as it’s known on the map. Sagaing is an important religious centre that’s home to dozens of monasteries and hundreds of monks. Pagoda towers dot the pretty landscape to make for picture-perfect, bucket list-inspired photography.
We will visit:
- Saunders’ Weaving and Vocational Institute, where maintains and develops training weaving and techniques
- U Min Thonze Pagoda, one of the more distinctive complexes.
Then we’ll whisk you off on the public ferry and into a horse-drawn cart, which will take us to Inwa, the ancient capital of Myanmar on the other side of the Irrawaddy river.
There are some stunning monasteries and pagoda complexes to explore, including BaGaYa Monastery built with 276 teak pillars and the Yadana Hsimi Pagodas, a little tumbledown roofless collection of several stupas and three Buddhas.
Our last stop of the day is the U Bein Bridge — an impressive teak structure that claims to be the longest wooden bridge in the world at 1.2 kilometres. The monks who use the bridge to cross Lake Taungthaman every day often take time to talk to visitors in order to practise their language skills. Then, a brilliant orange sunset awaits you. This is the time to reflect on your day, gazing at the antiquated bridge with the sun setting behind it. The tour ends with a safe trip back to your hotel.
INCLUSIONS & EXCULSIONS ~
Inclusive of ~
- professional English speaking tour guide
- sightseeing tour by air-conditioned private vehicle
- return ferry ticket to Inwa
- horse-drawn cart experience
- hotel pickup and dropoff
- mineral water bottles
Not Inclusive of ~
- entrance fees, approx. AUD $5 per person for an entire trip
- meals not specified in the “Inclusions” section
- personal insurance and other personal expense
- approximately 10 hrs
PICKUP INFORMATION ~
- Pick up time: Approximately 9:00am
- Please be at the hotel lobby to meet with your tour guide as per the scheduled departure.
INSIDER TIPS ~
- Don’t forget to bring a hat, sunglasses and sunscreen.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION ~
- Additional surcharge will apply if the hotel is outside of Mandalay city.
- Additional surcharge will apply if pick up and drop off is from the highway bus station, port, and airport.
- Children aged 0-2 are free.
- Ladies are required to cover up to enter the temples. Please wear long pants and a long sleeved shirt or bring something to wrap around you.
Don’t forget you can modify this tour. Whether you enjoy travelling as a part of a small group with other like-minded travellers, or perhaps you are looking for your very own private journey, we have the right option for you. Click on talk to us button to send us your enquiry.