Bagan Countryside Biking Tour
Tour Code: BDT_5
WHAT TO EXPECT ~
You’ll meet your guide bright and early, and pick up your bike and helmet for the ride. You’ll get a quick lesson on safety, including proper practices and hand signals, as well as an overview of where we’ll be riding to. Then, we’re off!
Warm up your legs with a 2 kilometer ride on sealed roads before turning westwards into the countryside. During the morning’s ride you will continue along this path to explore the local villages, like Nwar Kyo, Kan Poat and Tuwin Taung.
Aside from the fabulous views of rice paddies, toddy palms and distant temple spires you’ll also pass by a unique colonial-style monastery and ancient trees, like the shady tamarind tree in Let Wel village.
Around midday we will reach the base of the hills and bike parallel to them, affording great views of Shwe Pon Taung Pagoda and Bu Kin Pagoda.
During the journey we will stop for a picnic lunch in a shady spot while relaxing in the tranquil countryside. There will also be plenty of stops for water and photos. You get dropped off at your hotel full of your new knowledge about the ways of Bagan.
Distance: 25-35 kilometres (distance varies depends on number of villages visited; 90% dirt/sand track, 10% sealed road)
INCLUSIONS & EXCULSIONS ~
Inclusive of ~
- professional English speaking tour guide
- sightseeing tour by mountain bike
- hotel pickup and drop off
- mineral water bottles
Not Inclusive of ~
- entrance fees, approx. AUD $25 per person for an entire trip
- meals not specified in the “Inclusions” section
- personal insurance and other personal expense
- approximately 10 hrs
PICKUP INFORMATION ~
- Pick up time: Approximately 8:00am
- Please be at the hotel lobby to meet with your tour guide as per the scheduled departure.
INSIDER TIPS ~
- Don’t forget to bring a hat, sunglasses and sunscreen.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION ~
- Additional surcharge will apply if the hotel is outside of Bagan.
- Additional surcharge may apply if pick up and drop off is from the river cruise port.
- Children aged 0-2 are free.
Don’t forget you can modify this tour. Whether you enjoy travelling as a part of a small group with other like-minded travellers, or perhaps you are looking for your very own private journey, we have the right option for you. Click on talk to us button to send us your enquiry.