Bagan Village and Temples Mountain Bike Tour
Tour Code: BDT_4
WHAT TO EXPECT ~
You’ll meet your guide bright and early, and pick up your bike and helmet for the ride. You’ll get a quick lesson on safety, including proper practices and hand signals, as well as an overview of where we’ll be riding to. Then, we’re off!
We’ll start our adventure by exploring the village of Taungbe, which is a community of horse-drawn cart drivers. We’ll have about half an hour to bike around the village, and you’ll get to visit a small morning market and meet with a local family, who will share with you their story of local life in Myanmar. We’ll also visit a 150-year-old wooden monastery that’s in the village.
From there, we’ll cycle for about 10 more minutes to reach Ananda Pahto, the most famous temple in Bagan thanks to its mural paintings and gorgeous ancient architecture.
After another short ride, we will arrive at the spectacular Shwegugyi Paya. Its name translates to “Great Golden Cave,” and it’s pretty spectacular.
We’ll then ride about another 20 minutes to reach the next village, Myingabar, which is famous for its bamboo products. From there, it’s a 15-minute ride past toddy palm trees to reach Dhammayangyi Pagoda — the largest Buddhist temple in Bagan.
Next, we’ll ride 30 minutes to Nyaung U for lunch at your own expense at a local restaurant. You’ll dig into local delicacies that also help a good cause, before biking back to the start point and you will then be dropped off at your hotel.
INCLUSIONS & EXCULSIONS ~
Inclusive of ~
- professional English speaking tour guide
- sightseeing tour by Mountain Bike
- hotel pickup and drop off
- mineral water bottles
Not Inclusive of ~
- entrance fees, approx. AUD $25 per person for an entire trip
- meals not specified in the “Inclusions” section
- personal insurance and other personal expense
- approximately 6 hrs
PICKUP INFORMATION ~
- Pick up time: Approximately 8:00am
- Please be at the hotel lobby to meet with your tour guide as per the scheduled departure.
INSIDER TIPS ~
- Don’t forget to bring a hat, sunglasses and sunscreen.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION ~
- Additional surcharge will apply if the hotel is outside of Bagan.
- Additional surcharge may apply if pick up and drop off is from the river cruise port.
- Children aged 0-2 are free.
- Ladies are required to cover up to enter the temples. Please wear long pants and a long sleeved shirt or bring something to wrap around you.
Don’t forget you can modify this tour. Whether you enjoy travelling as a part of a small group with other like-minded travellers, or perhaps you are looking for your very own private journey, we have the right option for you. Click on talk to us button to send us your enquiry.