Cultural & Historical Tour from Mandalay - 8 Days
Tour Code: DF-8D7N-1
This tour is perfect for the first time visitor, who arrives in Mandalay airport, and for those who wish to see major cultural and historical sites of Mandalay, Bagan and InLe Lake, in a short time.
Start ~ Mandalay, Myanmar
Finish ~ Yangon, Myanmar
Physical rating ~ 2 out of 5
“Mingalabar” – “Welcome to Myanmar” at the airport by your tour guide and your EMH – Enjoy Myanmar Holiday’s transfer team. We then transfer you to the hotel. The remainder of the day is at leisure.
Meal: Meal is not included on this day.
After breakfast at the hotel, drive to a promenade U Bein teak bridge, the world’s longest teak structure at 1.2 km / 3.4 mile long.
Next, you will visit MaharGandarYone monastery, where you can see a thousand Buddhist monks and novices line up every morning, at 10:30 am, to receive their meal of the day at MaharGandarYone Monastery.
Then, go to a “must visit in Mandalay” Mahamuni Buddha Temple. Learn more about the craftwork for which Mandalay is famous by visiting workshops and cottage industries. You’ll see gold-leaf techniques, wood carving and kalaga tapestry weaving.
For lunch, we’ll go to a popular tea house. Tea houses are the centre of social and commercial life in Myanmar. You can see all kinds of people here, from business people and brokers to students and families all doing their daily business or just relaxing and socializing.
After lunch, visit:
- Mandalay Royal Palace, the last royal palace of the last Burmese monarchy
- KuThoDaw Pagoda, known as the world’s biggest book;
- ShweNanDaw Monastery (Golden Palace Monastery), famous for its wood carving;
- Evening highlight is Mandalay Hill where you can enjoy 360 – degree view of Mandalay from the top.
After breakfast at the hotel, you will take a private car to go to Mandalay. Along the way, you can witness the true local life of Myanmar. The driving time will be about 4 hours. On arrival, we’ll check in the hotel. The remainder of the day is at leisure.
Bagan is a truly mesmerizing destination, and a favourite of many travellers. Renowned as the city of four million pagodas, this is one of the richest archaeological sites in Asia. Today there are more than 2,000 pagodas, temples and monasteries — most built during the Bagan Dynasty, founded by King Anawrahta in 1044.
Firstly, we’ll go to the lively Nyaung U Market where provides great photo opportunities, and also the chance for tourists to mingle with the local Myanmar people, and watch how they conduct their daily lives.
Next, we will set off to explore:
- Shwe-Zi-Gon Pagoda (considered a prototype of all future such temples)
- Hti-Lo-Min-Lo Temple (a double-storied building with artistic stucco works)
- Ananda Temple (the architectural masterpiece of a millennium)
- That-Byin-Nyu Temple (the tallest in Bagan)
- Dham-Ma-Yan-Gyi Temple (noted for its intricate brickwork)
- Nyang Lat Phet Hill to enjoy an unforgettable sunset over the plains
After breakfast at the hotel, transfer to the airport for a flight to Heho. On arrival, proceed to Pindaya by car (about 2 hrs drive). This drive will give you delightful sceneries of hill station by passing through picturesque landscapes. Huge Banyan Trees near Pindaya caves are also well known for photo stop. Then visit PINDAYA CAVES where one can enjoy countless number of Buddha images from the late 18 centuries. Well known for its beautiful stalactites and stalagmites.
Next stop is Traditional cottage industry of UMBRELLA MAKING and Pone Ta Lote Lake.
Then, proceed to Red Mountain for a wine tasting amidst magnificent views. At the Red Mountain Estate Vineyards and Winery, you’ll gaze out over the stilted villages of Inle Lake, sample local wines and learn about the grape varieties grown on the estate. Then drive to the hotel for check-in.
Looking down over the lake from the Taunggyi road, Inle lies in an enormous carpet of greenery. Dotted around the lake are the stilt-house villages and floating gardens of the Intha tribe. The Intha technique of leg rowing – where one leg is wrapped around the paddle to drive the blade through the water in a snake-like motion – is unique.
With our Inle Lake boat tour, you will experience a unique way of life that has lived on through generations, whilst exploring the culturally significant surrounds that form part of this beautiful region of Myanmar. You will be provided with a life jacket and easy seat for each person on the boat.
Inle lake sightseeing will be filled with visit to:
- PHAUNG-DAW-OO PAGODA, the most important symbol of religion of Shan State
- NGA-PHE-CHAUNG MONASTERY, attractive wooden monastery
- FLOATING VILLAGES (INNPAW KHONE, POUK PAR, YWA MA, KHAR TAW)
A visit to these sights provides deep insight into how the people on the lake make their livings, you can enjoy Unique One Leg rowing fisherman, Lotus and silk weaving, boat making and cheroot making.
- After lunch proceed to Indein. And take a short trek to Indein Pagoda. On the way, you can enjoy the serene atmosphere as you wander through artfully scattered 8th century Pagodas in ruins covered by trees and bushes.
- Then observe Intha tribes Village lives and enjoy the local market along the shore.
Finally, we will return to the hotel.
After breakfast at the hotel, transfer to the airport to take flight to Yangon (1 hour and 20 minutes). On arrival, we’ll drive to the hotel to check in. After taking a short relaxing time at the hotel,
- start sightseeing by walking around the city centre to enjoy the city being busy with the sellers on the street and also the pedestrians and Colonial Style buildings.
The whole day is the brief tour to famous Landmarks,
- KaRaWeik Hall & Royal Lake for Photo stop
- Explore BoGyoke Market (aka) Scott Market, which is the best place for shopping in the country.
- Enjoy sunset at ShweDaGon Pagoda, one of the spectacular monuments of Myanmar
Breakfast and free time until time to go to the airport for departure flight. Then, transfer you to the Yangon International Airport according to your flight departure time.
~ 7 nights accommodation: Standard Option (3 Star hotels) or Premium Option (4 Star hotels)
~ enjoy daily breakfast at hotels
~ 2 internal flights
~ professional English speaking tour guides
~ air-conditioned private vehicles for sightseeing
~ air-conditioned private vehicles for a transfer from Mandalay to Bagan
~ private boat to explore the InLe Lake
~ return airport transfers
~ enjoy exploring Myanmar as per itinerary
Don’t forget you can modify this tour. Whether you enjoy travelling as a part of a small group with other like-minded travellers, or perhaps you are looking for your very own private journey, we have the right option for you. Click on talk to us button to send us your enquiry.