Discover Yangon's Outskirt Dala: Half Day Trip
Tour Code: YDT_6
WHAT TO EXPECT ~
Pick up from your hotel and drive to Pansodan Jetty. Cross Yangon River by local ferry (approximately 10 minutes). Upon arrival on the other side, trishaw drivers will take you on country roads through local villages to a monastic school. Here you can meet the children and talk to the teachers (with help of your guide). The head monk does all he can with very limited funds to create a good life for the children, and if you care to make a donation while you are here it will be welcomed for the purchase of school books, blankets, rice, clothing etc. The children are delighted to meet foreigners, and these encounters can be very rewarding for visitors.
Next visit is to Chu Chu Workshop; you will see how the plastic bags from the garbage are turned into useful products. Chu Chu members gather plastic bags from the dumping sites and markets in Yangon and work to develop new designs that meet the local and international market demand. On your way back to the ferry, enjoy the views of real local rural life – nothing like the busy streets of Yangon on the other side of the river. The tour ends with a safe trip back to your hotel.
INCLUSIONS & EXCULSIONS ~
Inclusive of ~
- professional English speaking tour guide
- sightseeing tour by air-conditioned private vehicle
- return ferry ticket to Dala
- cycle rickshaw to explore Dala
- entrance fees for sights described
- hotel pickup and drop off
- mineral water bottles
Not Inclusive of ~
- meals not specified in the “Inclusions” section
- personal insurance and other personal expense
- approximately 4 hrs
PICKUP INFORMATION ~
- Pick up time: Approximately 9:00am
- Please be at the hotel lobby to meet with your tour guide as per the scheduled departure.
INSIDER TIPS ~
- Don’t forget to bring a hat, sunglasses and sunscreen.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION ~
- Additional surcharge will apply if the hotel is outside of Yangon city.
- Additional surcharge will apply if pick up and drop off is from the highway bus station, seaport, and airport.
- Children aged 0-2 are free.
- Ladies are required to cover up to enter the temples. Please wear long pants and a long sleeved shirt or bring something to wrap around you.
Don’t forget you can modify this tour. Whether you enjoy travelling as a part of a small group with other like-minded travellers, or perhaps you are looking for your very own private journey, we have the right option for you. Click on talk to us button to send us your enquiry.