Essential Myanmar in Short Time - 7 Days
Tour Code: DF-7D6N-1
This “ESSENTIAL MYANMAR IN SHORT TIME – 7 Days” is perfect for those who wish to see a must 3 major cities but in very short time. This tour will introduce you to the highlights of the most famous 3 major cities – Yangon, Bagan and Inle Lake. In this Myanmar package tour, you will discover an enchanting country filled with historic temples, unspoiled lifestyles and friendly people.
Start ~ Yangon, Myanmar
Finish ~ Yangon, Myanmar
Physical rating: 2 out of 5
“Mingalabar” – “Welcome to Myanmar” at the airport by your tour guide and your EMH – Enjoy Myanmar Holiday’s transfer team. We then transfer you to the hotel. The remainder of the day is at leisure.
Meals: Meal is not included on this day.
In the early morning, take a short flight to Bagan. Once at Bagan, your tour guide will take you around its wonderful scenery and architecture.
Bagan is a truly mesmerizing destination, and a favourite of many travellers. Renowned as the city of four million pagodas, this is one of the richest archaeological sites in Asia. Today there are more than 2,000 pagodas, temples and monasteries — most built during the Bagan Dynasty, founded by King Anawrahta in 1044.
- we’ll go to lively Nyaung U Market. This Nyaung U Market provides a great photo opportunity, and also the chance for tourists to mingle with the local Myanmar people, and watch how they conduct their daily lives.
Next, we will start sightseeing as below:
- Ananda Temple (the architectural masterpiece of a millennium)
- Hti-Lo-Min-Lo Temple (a double-storied building with artistic stucco works)
- Shwe-Zi-Gon Pagoda (considered a prototype of all future such temples)
If time allows, we will visit more places of this UNESCO world heritage site.
After breakfast at the hotel, drive to Mount Popa. It is the core of an extinct volcano that lasted active 25,000 years ago; also known as the ‘Mt Olympus’ of Myanmar, the abode of Myanmar’s most powerful Nats (Spiritual beings) and the most important Nat Worship Centre. It will take an hour drive from Bagan passing the palm plantation. On the way to Mount Popa, stop to see skilful toddy-palm climber collecting the wine on top of the tree, toddy palm juice & palm sugar (jaggery) making cottage.
Bagan is not only famous for the profusion of ancient temples, but also for its exquisite handicrafts.
After lunch at a local restaurant, we will drive to the place to watch the time consuming and intricate production of quality lacquer ware. Some of the finest are flexible, and made around bamboo and twisted horse hair.
Finally, drive to the jetty to spend the whole evening by enjoying sunset boat ride along Ayarwaddy River.
After breakfast at the hotel, take a short flight to Heho.
On arrival, proceed to Pindaya by car. This drive will give you delightful sceneries of hill station by passing through picturesque landscapes. Huge Banyan Trees near Pindaya caves are also well known for photo stop.
Then visit PINDAYA CAVES where one can enjoy countless number of Buddha images from the late 18 centuries. Well known for its beautiful stalactites and stalagmites.
Next stop are Traditional cottage industry of UMBRELLA MAKING and Pone Ta Lote Lake. Then drive to the hotel for check-in.
Looking down over the lake from the Taunggyi road, Inle lies in an enormous carpet of greenery. Dotted around the lake are the stilt-house villages and floating gardens of the Intha tribe. The Intha technique of leg rowing – where one leg is wrapped around the paddle to drive the blade through the water in a snake-like motion – is unique.
With our Inle Lake boat tour, you will experience a unique way of life that has lived on through generations, whilst exploring the culturally significant surrounds that form part of this beautiful region of Myanmar. You will be provided with a life jacket and easy seat for each person on the boat.
Inle lake sightseeing will be filled with visits to:
- Phaung Daw Oo Pagoda, the most important symbol of religion of Shan State
- Nga Phe Chaung Monastery, attractive wooden monastery
- Floating Villages (Innpaw Khone, Pouk Par, Ywa Ma, Khar Taw)
A visit to these sights provides deep insight into how the people on the lake make their livings, you can enjoy Unique One Leg rowing fisherman, Lotus and silk weaving, boat making and cheroot making.
- After lunch proceed to Indein. And take a short trek to Indein Pagoda. On the way, you can enjoy the serene atmosphere as you wander through artfully scattered 8th century Pagodas in ruins covered by trees and bushes.
- Then observe Intha tribes Village lives and enjoy the local market along the shore.
Finally, we will return to the hotel.
After breakfast at the hotel, transfer to the airport to take flight to Yangon. The flight time is around an hour and 30 minutes. On arrival, we’ll drive to the hotel to check in. After taking a short relaxing time at the hotel,
- start sightseeing by walking around the city centre to enjoy the city being busy with the sellers on the street and also the pedestrians and Colonial Style buildings.
The whole day is the brief tour to famous Landmarks,
- KaRaWeik Hall & Royal Lake for Photo stop
- Explore BoGyoke Market (aka) Scott Market, which is the best place for shopping in the country.
- Enjoy sunset at ShweDaGon Pagoda, one of the spectacular monuments of Myanmar
Breakfast and free time until time to go to the airport for departure flight. Then, transfer you to the Yangon International Airport three hours prior according to your flight departure time.
~ 6 nights accommodation: Standard Option (3 Star Hotels) or Premium Option (4 Star Hotels)
~ enjoy daily breakfast at hotels
~ 3 internal flights
~ professional English speaking tour guide
~ sightseeing tours by air-conditioned private vehicles
~ private boat for a sunset trip along Irrawaddy river in Bagan
~ private boat to explore the InLe Lake
~ return airport transfers
~ enjoy exploring Myanmar as per itinerary
Don’t forget you can modify this tour. Whether you enjoy travelling as a part of a small group with other like-minded travellers, or perhaps you are looking for your very own private journey, we have the right option for you. Click on talk to us button to send us your enquiry.