Experience Bagan Rural Village Life
Tour Code: BDT_6
WHAT TO EXPECT ~
This tour will take you to a side of Bagan which most tourists never see. Connect with the locals and discover a real sense of community spirit as you witness what everyday life is like in these traditional villages.
Begin the journey by driving from Bagan city into the countryside. Follow the road winding through scenic farmlands where locals tend to peanut, sesame and soya bean crops, and stop at villages unknown to tourists along the way. Observe how typical Burmese wooden slide slippers, which are used for showering or working in the fields, are produced, along with the region’s well-known soya paste, pong yay gyi, which is an essential side dish for typical Burmese meals.
Continue to another village and see families making traditional clay cooking pots, then onto the next village famous for observing a traditional child’s hairstyle known as yaung pay soo which is now rare to find in the rest of the country. Here village children still wear their hair in the traditional topknot and circular fringe, the same as children centuries ago, up until they reach their teens. Enjoy walking through the village taking time to chat with the headmaster of the school.
We will then drive back to Bagan. After lunch at your own expense at the local restaurant, you will be dropped off at your hotel in Bagan.
INCLUSIONS & EXCULSIONS ~
Inclusive of ~
- professional English speaking tour guide
- sightseeing tour by air-conditioned private vehicle
- hotel pickup and drop off
- mineral water bottles
Not Inclusive of ~
- entrance fees, approx. AUD $25 per person for an entire trip
- meals not specified in the “Inclusions” section
- personal insurance and other personal expense
- approximately 7 hrs
PICKUP INFORMATION ~
- Pick up time: Approximately 8:00am
- Please be at the hotel lobby to meet with your tour guide as per the scheduled departure.
INSIDER TIPS ~
- Don’t forget to bring a hat, sunglasses and sunscreen.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION ~
- Additional surcharge will apply if the hotel is outside of Bagan.
- Additional surcharge may apply if pick up and drop off is from the river cruise port.
- Children aged 0-2 are free.
- Ladies are required to cover up to enter the temples. Please wear long pants and a long sleeved shirt or bring something to wrap around you.
Don’t forget you can modify this tour. Whether you enjoy travelling as a part of a small group with other like-minded travellers, or perhaps you are looking for your very own private journey, we have the right option for you. Click on talk to us button to send us your enquiry.