Experience Yangon's Highlights and Circular Train
Tour Code: YDT_2
WHAT TO EXPECT ~
Explore the lively India Town market before hopping aboard the ‘circular railway’ commuter train as it weaves its way through waking neighbourhoods. Disembark at Hledan to visit the huge reclining Buddha at nearby Chaukhtatgyi Paya and, after lunch, go downtown to the ancient Sule Pagoda, where you can see fortune-tellers in the small rooms surrounding this highly significant site.
Continue to Mahabandoola Park and Burma’s Independence Monument, then walk along the river bank, past the Custom House, the Australian Embassy, the General Post Office and evocative The Strand Hotel built in 1901 for a well-earned refreshment. Next, make our way to visit Myanmar’s most iconic site: the majestic Shwedagon Pagoda and see the pagoda magically illuminated as night falls. The tour ends with a safe trip back to your hotel.
INCLUSIONS & EXCULSIONS ~
Inclusive of ~
- professional English speaking tour guide
- sightseeing tour by air-conditioned private vehicle
- hotel pickup and drop off
- circular train ticket
- mineral water bottles
Not Inclusive of ~
- entrance fees, approx. AUD $13 per person for an entire trip
- meals not specified in the “Inclusions” section
- personal insurance and other personal expense
- approximately 10 hrs
PICKUP INFORMATION ~
- Pick up time: Approximately 9:00am
- Please be at the hotel lobby to meet with your tour guide as per the scheduled departure.
INSIDER TIPS ~
- Don’t forget to bring a hat, sunglasses and sunscreen.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION ~
- Additional surcharge will apply if the hotel is outside of Yangon city.
- Additional surcharge will apply if pick up and drop off is from the highway bus station, seaport, and airport.
- Children aged 0-2 are free.
- Ladies are required to cover up to enter the temples. Please wear long pants and a long sleeved shirt or bring something to wrap around you.
Don’t forget you can modify this tour. Whether you enjoy travelling as a part of a small group with other like-minded travellers, or perhaps you are looking for your very own private journey, we have the right option for you. Click on talk to us button to send us your enquiry.