Golden Rock from Yangon: Day Trip
Tour Code: YDT_4
WHAT TO EXPECT ~
You’ll be picked up at your hotel at 7:00AM. Head towards Kyaikhtiyoe Pagoda, the famous Golden Rock located in Kyaikhto Township. The journey will take approximately 4 hours by car, driving through small towns. Pass the Taukkyan War Cemetery for Allied soldiers of the British Commonwealth who died in battle in Burma during World War II (Please note that this is just a quick).
Arrive at the KinPun base camp and travel by public truck on a bumpy ride up to the mountaintop. Alternatively, take the cable car from the half-way point to experience the breathtaking location from a different perspective (if you choose to take the cable car, please note that the cable car fee is at your own expense).
Upon arrival at the truck station, you will pass by lots of vendors on your walk up to the Golden Rock pagoda. Take this chance to snap some colorful photos. On the top of the hill, you have plenty of time to not only admire the magnificent view of the mountain landscape, but also the legendary Golden Rock. Marvel at the gravity-defying pagoda that sits on a granite boulder covered with gold leaves pasted on by male devotees. Have lunch at a restaurant on top of the mountain, before heading back to Yangon in the afternoon. The tour ends with a safe trip back to your hotel.
INCLUSIONS & EXCULSIONS ~
Inclusive of ~
- professional English speaking tour guide
- sightseeing tour by air-conditioned private vehicle
- hotel pickup and drop off
- mineral water bottles
Not Inclusive of ~
- entrance fees, approx. AUD $6 per person for an entire trip
- meals not specified in the “Inclusions” section
- personal insurance and other personal expense
- approximately 12 hrs
PICKUP INFORMATION ~
- Pick up time: Approximately 7:00am
- Please be at the hotel lobby to meet with your tour guide as per the scheduled departure.
INSIDER TIPS ~
- Don’t forget to bring a hat, sunglasses and sunscreen.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION ~
- Additional surcharge will apply if the hotel is outside of Yangon city.
- Additional surcharge will apply if pick up and drop off is from the highway bus station, seaport, and airport.
- Children aged 0-2 are free.
- Ladies are required to cover up to enter the temples. Please wear long pants and a long sleeved shirt or bring something to wrap around you.
Don’t forget you can modify this tour. Whether you enjoy travelling as a part of a small group with other like-minded travellers, or perhaps you are looking for your very own private journey, we have the right option for you. Click on talk to us button to send us your enquiry.