InLe Lake and InDein Village Boat Tour
Tour Code: IDT_1
WHAT TO EXPECT ~
Looking down over the lake from the Taunggyi road, Inle lies in an enormous carpet of greenery. Dotted around the lake are the stilt-house villages and floating gardens of the Intha tribe. The Intha technique of leg rowing – where one leg is wrapped around the paddle to drive the blade through the water in a snake-like motion – is unique.
With our Inle Lake boat tour, you will experience a unique way of life that has lived on through generations, whilst exploring the culturally significant surrounds that form part of this beautiful region of Myanmar. You will be provided with a life jacket and easy seat for each person on the boat.
Inle lake sightseeing will be filled with visits to:
- Phaung Daw Oo Pagoda, the most important symbol of religion of Shan State
- Nga Phe Chaung Monastery, attractive wooden monastery
- Floating Villages (Innpaw Khone, Pouk Par, Ywa Ma, Khar Taw)
A visit to these sights provides deep insight into how the people on the lake make their livings, you can enjoy Unique One Leg rowing fisherman, Lotus and silk weaving, boat making and cheroot making.
- After lunch proceed to Indein. And take a short trek to Indein Pagoda. On the way, you can enjoy the serene atmosphere as you wander through artfully scattered 8th century Pagodas in ruins covered by trees and bushes.
- Then observe Intha tribes Village lives and enjoy the local market along the shore.
The tour ends with a safe trip back to your hotel.
INCLUSIONS & EXCULSIONS ~
Inclusive of ~
- professional English speaking tour guide
- private boat to explore the InLe Lake
- hotel pickup and dropoff
- mineral water bottles
Not Inclusive of ~
- entrance fees, approx. AUD $15 per person for an entire trip
- meals not specified in the “Inclusions” section
- personal insurance and other personal expense
- approximately 10 hrs
PICKUP INFORMATION ~
- Pick up time: Approximately 8:00am
- Please be at the hotel lobby to meet with your tour guide as per the scheduled departure.
INSIDER TIPS ~
- Don’t forget to bring a hat, sunglasses and sunscreen.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION ~
- Additional surcharge will apply if the hotel is outside of Nyaung Shwe town.
- Additional surcharge will apply if pick up and drop off is from the highway bus station and airport.
- Children aged 0-2 are free.
- Ladies are required to cover up to enter the temples. Please wear long pants and a long sleeved shirt or bring something to wrap around you.
Don’t forget you can modify this tour. Whether you enjoy travelling as a part of a small group with other like-minded travellers, or perhaps you are looking for your very own private journey, we have the right option for you. Click on talk to us button to send us your enquiry.