Mandalay Highlights and Amarapura Tour
Tour Code: MDT_1
WHAT TO EXPECT ~
Join this day tour of Mandalay and Amarapura and get a unique experience of the rich cultural heritage of Myanmar as you see yourself to stunning views.
The highlights of the tour are:
- Shwenandaw Monastery, an ornate building made completely out of teak, and learn about Buddhist myths from your guide as admire the delicate and ornate carvings on its walls and roofs;
- Kuthodaw Pagoda, with 729 shrines that each has a single marble slab containing a Buddhist teaching;
- Royal Palace, filled with ancient artifacts and life-sized statues of King Mindon Min and King Thibaw Min;
- a “must visit in Mandalay” Mahamuni Buddha Temple, famous for its life like Buddha image;
- Tatkyi village; where the economy of the whole village is based on making clay potteries such as teapots, tea cups, platters, flower vases and much more. You can learn, experience and partake in the process of potteries such as wheel throwing, handbuilding, trimming, decorating and more;
- Our last stop of the day is the U Bein Bridge — an impressive teak structure that claims to be the longest wooden bridge in the world at 1.2 kilometres. The monks who use the bridge to cross Lake Taungthaman every day often take time to talk to visitors in order to practise their language skills. Then, a brilliant orange sunset awaits you. This is the time to reflect on your day, gazing at the antiquated bridge with the sun setting behind it.
The tour ends with a safe trip back to your hotel.
INCLUSIONS & EXCULSIONS ~
Inclusive of ~
- professional English speaking tour guide
- sightseeing tour by air-conditioned private vehicle
- hotel pickup and drop off
- mineral water bottles
Not Inclusive of ~
- entrance fees, approx. AUD $15 per person for an entire trip
- meals not specified in the “Inclusions” section
- personal insurance and other personal expense
- approximately 10 hrs
PICKUP INFORMATION ~
- Pick up time: Approximately 9:00am
- Please be at the hotel lobby to meet with your tour guide as per the scheduled departure.
INSIDER TIPS ~
- Don’t forget to bring a hat, sunglasses and sunscreen.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION ~
- Additional surcharge will apply if the hotel is outside of Mandalay city.
- Additional surcharge will apply if pick up and drop off is from the highway bus station, port and airport.
- Children aged 0-2 are free.
- Ladies are required to cover up to enter the temples. Please wear long pants and a long sleeved shirt or bring something to wrap around you.
Don’t forget you can modify this tour. Whether you enjoy travelling as a part of a small group with other like-minded travellers, or perhaps you are looking for your very own private journey, we have the right option for you. Click on talk to us button to send us your enquiry.