Mingun and Mandalay Highlights
Tour Code: MDT_2
WHAT TO EXPECT ~
Your Mandalay tour will begin with a relaxing boat ride up the Irrawaddy river, past sprawling reed banks and fishermen’s huts. After braving the whirlwind of a throbbing city, this is your opportunity to relax and unwind and take in the epic scenery of one of the world’s most spectacular rivers.
After an hour of sailing, we’ll arrive at Mingun, where you can now tick “world’s biggest bell” off your bucket list. It is also the site of the Pathodaw temple, a massive stupa that remains unfinished because the king who built it was told that he would die when the last stone was cast.
Only two minutes away is one of the most stunning and unusual pagodas in the whole of Myanmar: Myatheindan. This magnificent structure is pure white and has some robust-looking lions guarding the grand entrance.
You’ll then take a breather as you savor a delicious lunch, at your own expense, after returning to Mandalay by boat. After lunch, we’ll spend our whole afternoon by visiting major sites in Mandalay. Sightseeing for Mandalay will include most of the city’s outstanding historical and cultural sites:
- Mandalay Royal Palace, the last royal palace of the last Burmese monarchy
- KuThoDaw Pagoda, known as the world’s biggest book;
- ShweNanDaw Monastery (Golden Palace Monastery), famous for its wood carving;
- Evening highlights are Mandalay Hill where you can enjoy 360 – degree view of Mandalay from the top.
The tour ends with a safe trip back to your hotel.
INCLUSIONS & EXCULSIONS ~
Inclusive of ~
- professional English speaking tour guide
- sightseeing tour by air-conditioned private vehicle
- return private boat to Mingun
- hotel pickup and drop off
- mineral water bottles
Not Inclusive of ~
- entrance fees, approx. AUD $16 per person for an entire trip
- meals not specified in the “Inclusions” section
- personal insurance and other personal expense
- approximately 10 hrs
PICKUP INFORMATION ~
- Pick up time: Approximately 9:00am
- Please be at the hotel lobby to meet with your tour guide as per the scheduled departure.
INSIDER TIPS ~
- Don’t forget to bring a hat, sunglasses and sunscreen.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION ~
- Additional surcharge will apply if the hotel is outside of Mandalay city.
- Additional surcharge will apply if pick up and drop off is from the highway bus station, port, and airport.
- Children aged 0-2 are free.
- Ladies are required to cover up to enter the temples. Please wear long pants and a long sleeved shirt or bring something to wrap around you.
Don’t forget you can modify this tour. Whether you enjoy travelling as a part of a small group with other like-minded travellers, or perhaps you are looking for your very own private journey, we have the right option for you. Click on talk to us button to send us your enquiry.