Monywa From Mandalay Day Tour
Tour Code: MDT_6
WHAT TO EXPECT ~
Explore the capital of Sagaing Region, Monywa, on a full day tour from Mandalay. Start with an early morning hotel pick up and head to your first stop — a sandstone cave system in the Pho Win Hills, named after a famous ‘zawgyi’ (alchemist) who once lived here. The Caves of Pho Win Hills, numbering more than one hundred, are full of Buddhist statues and murals. Most exhibit the Innwa style but some may date all the way back to the 14th century. Nearby, visit Shwe Ba Hill which features unique pavilions cut from the surrounding sandstone and filled with Buddha images. Lunch will be served at a local restaurant.
Take a delicious lunch break at a local restaurant before continuing to Moenyin Thanboddhay Pagoda, one of the most intricately decorated temples in the country. Go on to explore Bodhi Tataung Pagoda where you can see 1000 Bo trees with sitting Buddha images. Then, continue to Laykyun Sekkya Yattawmu Pagoda famous as the world’s third tallest standing Buddha image before heading back to your hotel in Mandalay.
INCLUSIONS & EXCULSIONS ~
Inclusive of ~
- professional English speaking tour guide
- sightseeing tour by air-conditioned private vehicle
- hotel pickup and drop off
- mineral water bottles
Not Inclusive of ~
- entrance fees, approx. AUD $12 per person for an entire trip
- meals not specified in the “Inclusions” section
- personal insurance and other personal expense
- approximately 12 hrs
PICKUP INFORMATION ~
- Pick up time: Approximately 9:00am
- Please be at the hotel lobby to meet with your tour guide as per the scheduled departure.
INSIDER TIPS ~
- Don’t forget to bring a hat, sunglasses and sunscreen.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION ~
- Additional surcharge will apply if the hotel is outside of Mandalay city.
- Additional surcharge will apply if pick up and drop off is from the highway bus station, port, and airport.
- Children aged 0-2 are free.
- Ladies are required to cover up to enter the temples. Please wear long pants and a long sleeved shirt or bring something to wrap around you.
Don’t forget you can modify this tour. Whether you enjoy travelling as a part of a small group with other like-minded travellers, or perhaps you are looking for your very own private journey, we have the right option for you. Click on talk to us button to send us your enquiry.