Mt Popa, Toddy Farm, Local Products Tour with Sunset Boat Trip
Tour Code: BDT_7
WHAT TO EXPECT ~
Your tour kicks off with a convenient hotel pick up and then you’ll head to Mount Popa. It is the core of an extinct volcano that lasted active 25,000 years ago; also known as the ‘Mt Olympus’ of Myanmar, the abode of Myanmar’s most powerful Nats (Spiritual beings) and the most important Nat Worship Centre. It will take an hour drive from Bagan passing the palm plantation.
En-route, we’ll stop at toddy palm juice & palm sugar (jaggery) making cottage, where you’ll also see skilful toddy-palm climbers collecting the wine on top of the trees.
Bagan is not only famous for the profusion of ancient temples, but also for its exquisite handicrafts.
After we finish exploring Mount Popa, the toddy palm farm, and having lunch at your own expense at the local restaurant, we will drive to the place to watch the time consuming and intricate production of quality lacquer ware. Some of the finest are flexible, and made around bamboo and twisted horse hair.
Finally, drive to the jetty to spend the whole evening by enjoying a sunset boat ride along the mighty Irrawaddy River.
The tour ends with a safe trip back to your hotel.
INCLUSIONS & EXCULSIONS ~
Inclusive of ~
- professional English speaking tour guide
- sightseeing tour by air-conditioned private vehicle
- sunset boat
- hotel pickup and drop off
- mineral water bottles
Not Inclusive of ~
- entrance fees, approx. AUD $25 per person for an entire trip
- meals not specified in the “Inclusions” section
- personal insurance and other personal expense
- approximately 10 hrs
PICKUP INFORMATION ~
- Pick up time: Approximately 9:00am
- Please be at the hotel lobby to meet with your tour guide as per the scheduled departure.
INSIDER TIPS ~
- Don’t forget to bring a hat, sunglasses and sunscreen.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION ~
- Additional surcharge will apply if the hotel is outside of Bagan.
- Additional surcharge may apply if pick up and drop off is from the river cruise port.
- Children aged 0-2 are free.
- Ladies are required to cover up to enter the temples. Please wear long pants and a long sleeved shirt or bring something to wrap around you.
Don’t forget you can modify this tour. Whether you enjoy travelling as a part of a small group with other like-minded travellers, or perhaps you are looking for your very own private journey, we have the right option for you. Click on talk to us button to send us your enquiry.