Pindaya Caves Tour with Airport Pickup
Tour Code: IDT_6
WHAT TO EXPECT ~
When you arrive at Heho Airport, we meet you and start to drive to Pindaya. This drive will give you delightful scenery of hill stations by passing through picturesque landscapes.
En-route, we will stop at the wooden Shwe Yan Pyay Monastery which is a red-painted teak building with unique oval shaped windows and features beautiful carvings. Huge Banyan Trees near Pindaya caves are also well known for photo stops.
Myanmar’s stunning Pindaya Caves contain over 8,000 images of Buddha, and are infused with rich local legend and history. The icons were deposited by devotees over several centuries, and together represent a huge range of artistic styles and religious iconography from across Myanmar and beyond. It’s easy to see why the caves are such a popular Buddhist pilgrimage site – even non-believers come away awestruck and inspired.
If you listen to local legend, the name Pindaya comes from the word Pinguya, meaning ‘taken the spider’ in Burmese. These words are said to have been uttered by Prince Kummabhaya of Yawnghwe after he killed a giant spider in order to free a princess who had been captured by the spider and trapped in the caves. There are also stories of a sealed entrance within the cave that leads to the ancient city of Bagan, adding yet more intrigue to the already atmospheric caves.
Next stops are Traditional cottage industry of umbrella making and Pone Ta Lote Lake before driving to Nyaung Shwe town. The tour ends with a safe drop-off at your hotel in Nyaung Shwe which is a gateway to world famous Inle Lake.
INCLUSIONS & EXCULSIONS ~
Inclusive of ~
- professional English speaking tour guide
- sightseeing tour by air-conditioned private vehicle
- airport pickup and hotel dropoff
- mineral water bottles
Not Inclusive of ~
- entrance fees, approx. AUD $50 per person for an entire trip
- meals not specified in the “Inclusions” section
- personal insurance and other personal expense
- approximately 7 hrs
PICKUP INFORMATION ~
- Pick up time: Your morning flight arrival time
- Please look for your tour guide holding your name board in the arrival hall.
INSIDER TIPS ~
- Don’t forget to bring a hat, sunglasses and sunscreen.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION ~
- Children aged 0-2 are free.
- Ladies are required to cover up to enter the temples. Please wear long pants and a long sleeved shirt or bring something to wrap around you.
Don’t forget you can modify this tour. Whether you enjoy travelling as a part of a small group with other like-minded travellers, or perhaps you are looking for your very own private journey, we have the right option for you. Click on talk to us button to send us your enquiry.