Pyin Oo Lwin from Mandalay: Day Tour
Tour Code: MDT_5
WHAT TO EXPECT ~
Spend a relaxing day out exploring nature at the idyllic Pyin Oo Lwin, a scenic countryside town in Myanmar famous for its fruit, jam, and fruit wines. Formerly a summer retreat during the British rule, the town is an ideal stop for travelers who wish to momentarily cool off from the heat of Mandalay!
Begin the tour with a pick up at your hotel, followed by a trip to the flower market, where you can observe the daily flower trading among the locals. Marvel at the beauty of the Pwe Gauk Waterfall, situated at the head of a deep ravine and surrounded by a series of smaller waterfalls, all cascading into pools of crystal clear waters. Take a quick break for lunch, at your own expense, then walk around the National Kandawgyi Gardens, which features more than 480 species of flowers, shrubs, and trees! Climb up the 12 stories of the Nan Myint Tower for a picturesque view of your surroundings, perfect for a souvenir photo, right before you start your journey back to the hotel.
INCLUSIONS & EXCULSIONS ~
Inclusive of ~
- professional English speaking tour guide
- sightseeing tour by air-conditioned private vehicle
- hotel pickup and drop off
- mineral water bottles
Not Inclusive of ~
- entrance fees, approx. AUD $8 per person for an entire trip
- meals not specified in the “Inclusions” section
- personal insurance and other personal expense
- approximately 10 hrs
PICKUP INFORMATION ~
- Pick up time: Approximately 9:00am
- Please be at the hotel lobby to meet with your tour guide as per the scheduled departure.
INSIDER TIPS ~
- Don’t forget to bring a hat, sunglasses and sunscreen.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION ~
- Additional surcharge will apply if the hotel is outside of Mandalay city.
- Additional surcharge will apply if pick up and drop off is from the highway bus station, port, and airport.
- Children aged 0-2 are free.
- Ladies are required to cover up to enter the temples. Please wear long pants and a long sleeved shirt or bring something to wrap around you.
Don’t forget you can modify this tour. Whether you enjoy travelling as a part of a small group with other like-minded travellers, or perhaps you are looking for your very own private journey, we have the right option for you. Click on talk to us button to send us your enquiry.