Sagar Village Boat Tour
Tour Code: IDT_5
WHAT TO EXPECT ~
In the morning, you will be picked up at the hotel and start the journey in Sagar, which is located in the Southern region of Inle Lake. This interesting town might be unfamiliar to many tourists, but it is now one of beautiful sites in Shan State which features charming and rustic beauty of landscapes and the local people. A 2-3-hour cruise allows tourists to discover most of the highlights in Sagar and have the fabulous views of various unique birds there.
Upon arrival in Sagar, you will have an amazing excursion with a variety of stops. One of highlights in the area should not be missed is the ‘sunken’ stupas of Sagar, submerged by the lake a few months in year. Visitors can also pay a visit to a local monastery before continuing onto Thaya Gone village. Visiting this village, you will have a chance to have a closer look about the unique making process of the local rice wine.
The next destination in the journey will be Sae Khaung Pottery Village, where most visitors are enchanted by numerous pots with different sizes and shapes. Come to Tar Kaung, visitors have a chance to admire lots of wonderful stupas. You will also enjoy the lunch there.
In the afternoon, you will be transferred back to Inle Lake. Boating on the lake, you can see the busy life of the locals, the poetic beauty of the lake, and admire the stunning sunset when the day comes to a close. It will be a fascinating experience that travellers once came there will never forget. The tour ends with a safe trip back to your hotel.
INCLUSIONS & EXCULSIONS ~
Inclusive of ~
- professional English speaking tour guide
- private boat as described
- hotel pickup and drop off
- mineral water bottles
Not Inclusive of ~
- entrance fees, approx. AUD $15 per person for an entire trip
- meals not specified in the “Inclusions” section
- personal insurance and other personal expense
- approximately 10 hrs
PICKUP INFORMATION ~
- Pick up time: Approximately 8:00am
- Please be at the hotel lobby to meet with your tour guide as per the scheduled departure.
INSIDER TIPS ~
- Don’t forget to bring a hat, sunglasses and sunscreen.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION ~
- Additional surcharge will apply if the hotel is outside of Nyaung Shwe town.
- Additional surcharge will apply if pick up and drop off is from the highway bus station and airport.
- Children aged 0-2 are free.
- Ladies are required to cover up to enter the temples. Please wear long pants and a long sleeved shirt or bring something to wrap around you.
Don’t forget you can modify this tour. Whether you enjoy travelling as a part of a small group with other like-minded travellers, or perhaps you are looking for your very own private journey, we have the right option for you. Click on talk to us button to send us your enquiry.