Salay and Mount Popa from Bagan
Tour Code: BDT_2
WHAT TO EXPECT ~
The beautiful historic features of Bagan are yours to discover on this day long tour that takes you from Salay’s Youk Sone Monastery to Mount Popa. Your journey begins when you are picked up right from your hotel by the tour team and then led to the historic sights of Salay, a town about 15km south of Bagan where you will explore the Youk Sone Monastery. This old wooden monastery is filled with stunning wooden features, and decorated with traditional Myanmar arts and crafts. A visit to the Man Pagoda will reveal Buddha portraits and antiques adorned in lacquer, gold and silver; truly a sight to behold.
After a lunch at your own expense at Popa Mountain Resort, your guide will take you up towards Mount Popa, with 777 steps towards the Nat (spirit) temples. This mountain is an extinct volcano 1,518m above sea level. Here you will learn about the ancient Burmese animist spirits said to still be residing inside. Finally, you will be dropped off at your hotel in Bagan.
INCLUSIONS & EXCULSIONS ~
Inclusive of ~
- professional English speaking tour guide
- sightseeing tour by air-conditioned private vehicle
- hotel pickup and drop off
- mineral water bottles
Not Inclusive of ~
- entrance fees, approx. AUD $25 per person for an entire trip
- meals not specified in the “Inclusions” section
- personal insurance and other personal expense
- approximately 10 hrs
PICKUP INFORMATION ~
- Pick up time: Approximately 9:00am
- Please be at the hotel lobby to meet with your tour guide as per the scheduled departure.
INSIDER TIPS ~
- Don’t forget to bring a hat, sunglasses and sunscreen.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION ~
- Additional surcharge will apply if the hotel is outside of Bagan.
- Additional surcharge may apply if pick up and drop off is from the river cruise port.
- Children aged 0-2 are free.
- Ladies are required to cover up to enter the temples. Please wear long pants and a long sleeved shirt or bring something to wrap around you.
Don’t forget you can modify this tour. Whether you enjoy travelling as a part of a small group with other like-minded travellers, or perhaps you are looking for your very own private journey, we have the right option for you. Click on talk to us button to send us your enquiry.