Trekking to Hill Tribes from InLe Lake
Tour Code: IDT_3
WHAT TO EXPECT ~
Your tour will begin bright and early as you meet your local guide at your hotel and let them whisk you to the boat that will take us to our first stop.
For 45 minutes we’ll glide across the lake admiring beautiful views of the green hills beyond and the idyllic stilt villages with their pretty floating gardens.
We will dock at Magyigone Village and once we have disembarked the boat, your guide will give a quick safety briefing.
Your scenic trek will take approximately 3 hours, taking you through some of Southeast Asia’s most spectacular panoramas; through the peaceful serenity of the Shan Hills, a mesmerising region that is famous for its rubies, sapphires and other precious gems, all of which is on the waitlist for UNESCO World Heritage status.
Passing through terrace farms, bamboo forest and lush plantations, we’ll arrive at Moe Kaung Village, a pretty hilltop village where we will meet a friendly local family and talk to them about rural life on the lake. We’ll then share a deliciously traditional Burmese lunch with our new friends before making our way to another village.
Here we will take a walk around, admiring the different styles of home and chatting to locals about their everyday lives. The views of the lake from this are to die for, so you’ll definitely want to spend some time pondering the vistas and taking Instagram-worthy pictures that you’ll treasure forever.
After a short boat ride, you’ll find yourself back in the hustle and bustle of Nyaung Shwe. The tour ends with a safe trip back to your hotel.
INCLUSIONS & EXCULSIONS ~
Inclusive of ~
- professional English speaking tour guide
- boat as described
- hotel pickup and drop off
- mineral water bottles
Not Inclusive of ~
- entrance fees, approx. AUD $15 per person for an entire trip
- meals not specified in the “Inclusions” section
- personal insurance and other personal expense
- approximately 10 hrs
PICKUP INFORMATION ~
- Pick up time: Approximately 8:00am
- Please be at the hotel lobby to meet with your tour guide as per the scheduled departure.
INSIDER TIPS ~
- Don’t forget to bring a hat, sunglasses and sunscreen.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION ~
- Additional surcharge will apply if the hotel is outside of Nyaung Shwe town.
- Additional surcharge will apply if pick up and drop off is from the highway bus station and airport.
- Children aged 0-2 are free.
- Ladies are required to cover up to enter the temples. Please wear long pants and a long sleeved shirt or bring something to wrap around you.
Don’t forget you can modify this tour. Whether you enjoy travelling as a part of a small group with other like-minded travellers, or perhaps you are looking for your very own private journey, we have the right option for you. Click on talk to us button to send us your enquiry.