Twante from Yangon: Day Trip
Tour Code: YDT_5
WHAT TO EXPECT ~
Escape the busy pace of everyday life and spend some time exploring new places with this 10-hour daytime excursion from Yangon, Myanmar.
In the morning, you’ll get picked up at your hotel/accommodation in Yangon, before you proceed toward the Twante Township. Known as a quiet town with a vibrant culture, this is the ideal place to visit for travelers looking to get away from the city or simply discover new cultures and traditions!
On the way, take in the stunning view of the lush greenery and the picturesque Yangon River. Once you arrive, begin exploring Twante’s peaceful streets with your guide, who will tell you all about the town’s history as you walk toward a local market. Check out the various products being sold at the market, typically composed of pottery and earthenware made with styles and techniques unique to this particular area, before you enjoy a delicious lunch at a local restaurant (own expense).
After lunch, stop by a pottery function in Twante, where you can see some more of the town’s distinctive pottery and discover how the residents are aiming to revive these clay crafts by transforming them into all-purpose items. Continue our journey to Baungdawgyoke Pagoda (SNAKE TEMPLE) by crossing a bridge to the middle of a lake. Pilgrims arrive at a temple to pin their hopes on the pythons slinking across the temple’s floors and draping across windows. Many locals regard the presence of the dozens of pythons, some measuring up to two or three metres in length, as a sign of the pagoda’s power.
We will then head back to Yangon. The tour ends with a safe trip back to your hotel.
INCLUSIONS & EXCULSIONS ~
Inclusive of ~
- professional English speaking tour guide
- sightseeing tour by air-conditioned private vehicle
- entrance fees for sights described
- hotel pickup and dropoff
- mineral water bottles
Not Inclusive of ~
- meals not specified in the “Inclusions” section
- personal insurance and other personal expense
- approximately 10 hrs
PICKUP INFORMATION ~
- Pick up time: Approximately 9:00am
- Please be at the hotel lobby to meet with your tour guide as per the scheduled departure.
INSIDER TIPS ~
- Don’t forget to bring a hat, sunglasses and sunscreen.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION ~
- Additional surcharge will apply if the hotel is outside of Yangon city.
- Additional surcharge will apply if pick up and drop off is from the highway bus station, seaport, and airport.
- Children aged 0-2 are free.
- Ladies are required to cover up to enter the temples. Please wear long pants and a long sleeved shirt or bring something to wrap around you.
Don’t forget you can modify this tour. Whether you enjoy travelling as a part of a small group with other like-minded travellers, or perhaps you are looking for your very own private journey, we have the right option for you. Click on talk to us button to send us your enquiry.