Yangon Highlights Tour
Tour Code: YDT-1
WHAT TO EXPECT ~
Your Yangon Highlights Tour kicks off with a convenient hotel pick up and then you’ll start your visit to the city’s most impressive monuments and sites.
You will get to visit the colonial buildings as located right in the heart of downtown Yangon as well as the Luxurious Strand Hotel built in 1901 for a well-earned refreshment. Then, make your way to Bogyoke Aung San Market where you can find almost anything in the stalls of the friendly locals for a short shopping trip.
At noon, stop for lunch at your own expense and get ready for the exciting stops ahead. The journey continues with a visit to the Chauk Htat Gyi Pagoda (with its 70 meters long reclining Buddha image) followed by Kalaywa Tawya Monastery where over 1,200 monks and novices reside and Kandawgyi Lake before visiting Myanmar’s most iconic site: the majestic Shwedagon Pagoda and see the pagoda magically illuminated as night falls. The tour ends with a safe trip back to your hotel.
INCLUSIONS & EXCULSIONS ~
Inclusive of ~
- professional English speaking tour guide
- sightseeing tour by air-conditioned private vehicle
- hotel pickup and drop off
- mineral water bottles
Not Inclusive of ~
- entrance fees, approx. AUD $10 per person for an entire trip
- meals not specified in the “Inclusions” section
- personal insurance and other personal expense
- approximately 10 hrs
PICKUP INFORMATION ~
- Pick up time: Approximately 9:00am
- Please be at the hotel lobby to meet with your tour guide as per the scheduled departure.
INSIDER TIPS ~
- Don’t forget to bring a hat, sunglasses and sunscreen.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION ~
- Additional surcharge will apply if the hotel is outside of Yangon city.
- Additional surcharge will apply if pick up and drop off is from the highway bus station, seaport, and airport.
- Children aged 0-2 are free.
- Ladies are required to cover up to enter the temples. Please wear long pants and a long sleeved shirt or bring something to wrap around you.
Don’t forget you can modify this tour. Whether you enjoy travelling as a part of a small group with other like-minded travellers, or perhaps you are looking for your very own private journey, we have the right option for you. Click on talk to us button to send us your enquiry.